Friday, September 30, 2011

A Bit of Money, A Bite of Sephora

P10P is definitely, completely out the window. No doubt about it haha. My school recently refunded me a bit of money and what did I do with part of it? Well, clearly it went to my ex-wife, Sephora. Seems like there's a chance we'll get back together again ;)

Anyway, I picked up a few things online (I literally just ordered it an hour ago).

1) NARS eyeshadow in California: It is described as a molten copper on the website. Guess how much it is? 8 DOLLARS! This would normally retail for $23. Another shade they have for this deal is Night Sun (bright marigold with gold flecks). Unfortunately, I don't see myself using it enough to justify purchasing it as well. The only item I own from NARS is the Orgasm blush, which I have a love/hate relationship with. I've heard great things about their eyeshadows and I'm happy that I can try it without spending so much. Check them out here.

2) OPI for Sephora in Going Nude, Eh? ($5): I love my OPI nail polishes and most of the time I try to pick up ones that are on sale. Usually whenever I check Sephora online they tend to always have the same 5 shades. Today they have like 20 shades listed, BUT only TWO were left in stock. I was so pissed! So I went ahead with this milky neutral color, since I don't own anything like this in my collection. I mostly wear red, black, brown or taupe. Click here.

3) Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel ($13): I've heard many raves about this product especially from my godsister who swears by Clinique. Honestly, Clinique is mostly a miss for me (AHEM Even Better Dark Spot Corrector), however, it's one of those brands that I keep betting on again hoping for a hit. Lately my skin has gone bonkers on me. It used to be normal/dry, not it starts off dry in the morning (esp when it comes time to put on foundation) and then a few hours later, it's an oil slick. What the hell!? Since this is a gel, hopefully it will keep the oil at bay for a while longer at least. I bought the small version in case it's another fail. Check it here.

4) Dior Shimmer Star in Amber Diamond ($44): Yes, I'm a sucker for hype. Need I say more? I contemplated for a while about this one. Do I really need it? No. Do I really want it? Hell yes! I'm one of those people who, although cannot afford to buy everything designer, still want to own at least one thing in every designer label. For example, I own a Chanel bronzer (which I LOVE!) and at the moment, it's the only thing Chanel I own. I also own a YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick (which I LOVE!). So now it's Dior's turn, you catch my drift? Givenchy, I'm coming for you next! It just makes me feel so classy and it's definitely a nice treat once in a while, if you have the money.

I will definitely do a mini review once I receive everything. Lol I'm having it sent to my boyfriend's apartment because my mom is tired of seeing all the packages I'm getting. It's kind of sad, actually.

If any of you own and love/hate any of the products I ordered today, please comment and let me know! I'm really excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment