Sunday, September 11, 2011

Welcome!

Hello Blogosphere!

My name is Salina. Although this isn't my first foray at blogging, I am quite nervous about writing on the subject of beauty. I am not a professional makeup artist or skincare guru; I don't have a YouTube channel. My middle and high school years were spent trolling drugstores to find the right concealer for my blossoming pimples or the right lip gloss to achieve "kissable" lips. Little did I know, I wasn't going to do any kissing till college. Oh, to be (really) young. You can imagine how elated I was when I first met Sephora. She is a thing of beauty, isn't she?

I used to be more attracted to makeup and neglected my skincare. It was only this past year that I started to work on my regimen to find the best skincare routine for myself. The better you take care of your skin, the less makeup you will need to wear. That is important to remember. With this blog, I am hoping to do many reviews of products I like and dislike. I will offer my honest opinion and personal experiences. On the other hand, I doubt there will be many (if any) tutorials. There may be times where I go off tangent and talk about fashion, movies, books and daily happenings in my life. Hopefully, you'll find them enjoyable!

Currently, I am a junior in college. I've switched more majors than I can count. I finally decided to stick with graphic design, my first love. Aside from a basic Photoshop class from high school, I really have no training at all in this area. However, what I lack in studies I made up in experience. I spent the past three summers interning at a cashmere company, Christopher Fischer. I was able to refine the skills I picked up from that one class while working. Everything just fell into place and I knew what was needed to be done (in terms of my studies).

At the moment, this blog is looking quite bland. I refuse to use the pre-made templates, so until I get my hands on Photoshop (for this laptop), it shall remain nice and pure. Please don't hold it against me!

Alright, now off to my first haul! Stay tuned :)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with blogging, it certainly is an experience =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dovey, do you have any suggestions/tips for blogging and gaining a following? I really enjoy yours, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always was interested in Graphics Design. Welcome to the blogging world! I just started mine too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete